Tattersalls Yearlings Continue to Dominate
The last week, including the four-day York Ebor Festival, has seen Tattersalls yearlings continue to dominate at the highest level whilst yearlings catalogued for the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale have had a slew of significant catalogue updates in that time too.
One of the most exciting victories at York was that of SEA OF CLASS who rocketed to favouritism for the ‘Arc’ following her sublime win in the Group 1 Yorkshire Oaks. The 170,000 guineas December Yearling Sale McKeever Bloodstock purchase has an OASIS DREAM half-brother catalogued as lot 404 in Book 1 of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale. The second Group 1 to go the way of Tattersalls yearlings was the Group 1 Nunthorpe Stakes which was won by ALPHA DELPHINI, a Book 2 purchase by Oliver St Lawrence for just 20,000 guineas.
The two-year-old races were also dominated by Tattersalls October Book 1 yearlings with FAIRYLAND winning the Group 2 Lowther Stakes and PHOENIX OF SPAIN, a 220,000 guineas Howson/Houldsworth buy, successful in the Group 3 Tattersalls Acomb Stakes. FAIRYLAND has a MUHAARAR half-sister on offer at Book 1 as lot 58.
The weekend’s racing saw further Group success for Tattersalls October Yearlings with GLORIOUS EMPIRE winning the Grade 1 Sword Dancer Stakes at Saratoga, BEAT THE BANK winning the Group 2 Celebration Mile at Goodwood, RAVEN’S LADY winning the Group 2 Goldene Peitsche and BEAUTIFUL MORNING winning the Group 3 Royal Whip.
In addition to those lots mentioned above, the following yearlings also received significant catalogue updates ahead of the forthcoming Tattersalls October Yearling Sales.
- NEW APPROACH half-sister to Group 2 Gimcrack Stakes winner EMARAATY ANA. (October Book 1 – lot 131)
- SHOWCASING half-sister to G2 Celebration Mile winner BEAT THE BANK (October Book 2 – lot 793)
- NO NAY NEVER own-sister to the exciting Irish maiden winner TEN SOVEREIGNS (October Book 1 – lot 103)
- LAWMAN half-brother to G3 Prestige Stakes winner ANTONIA DE VEGA (October Book 2 – lot 847)
- SHOWCASING half-brother to the Listed winning WELL DONE FOX (October Book 2 – lot 1074)
- MORE THAN READY half-brother to the G2 Debutante Stakes winner SKITTER SCATTER (October Book 1 - lot 321)
The Tattersalls October Yearling Sale, Book 1 runs from October 9 – 11 and features the only yearlings eligible for the £25,000 October Book 1 Bonus. Book 2 runs from October 15 – 17, Book 3 from October 18 – 19 and Book 4 on October 20. Catalogues are out now and available from Tattersalls and Tattersalls representatives.